It's right for you if...
You want an introductory mountain bike at an incredible price, but also want a commuter that's rugged enough to hop curbs on the way to class.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you always have the right gear for your terrain, powerful mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain.
The final word
Marlin is made for any adventure. The rack and fender mounts make it a great choice for commuters who want to get a little rad on the way to class or the grocery store.
Why you'll love it
- It's a real mountain bike that's also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Rack and fender mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty